Monday, September 26, 2011

Sprouts

I went into the WIC office today to talk to their lactation consultant about Daniel.  She is a great resource!  She always tells me things I already knew, but it's nice to hear someone else tell me I'm on the right track.  We decided that with my forceful letdowns that Daniel is in fact getting too much foremilk.  She advised me to pump prior to each feeding and to increase the "healthy" fats in my diet...simple things like eating more nuts, taking acidophiles, and  sprinkling olive oil over things.  Daniel is scheduled for a weight check with is doc in a month so we will see then how things are going.

They were so impressed with how much I know that they have asked me to help out with a peer counseling group they are starting called "Sprouts"!  I'm so excited!  I was just thinking the other day how much fun it would be to do something like that.  Cloth diapers and boobs!  Thats what I'm all about!  LoL!  I'm so thankful to the Lord for the doors he is opening for me.  I think that breastfeeding is one of the most important things a woman can do and I cant wait to help others!

1 comments:

Holly said...

That's awesome you get to do the Sprouts thing!

Post a Comment

Listen to MamaJax2010s Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones