Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Easter shopping

I posted a slight rant on facebook today and I got this...

Sorry Betty but u have 3 handsome boys 

Really?
Those boys are just that...boys.  They are not my daughter.  Even if they were girls, they are not Vanessa.  More children do not replace the one that is lost.  A mother's hurting heart is not one that is unthankful for what she has...she just hurts for what was taken.  Needless to say that person is no longer on my friends list.

On another note...we are going tonight to finish Easter shopping and get Luke's Easter outfit.  He loves to match Daniel.  Crazy for an older one his age, but I think it's cute!  I spent half the day configuring a way around the store and to the boys dept without going past the Easter dresses.  Hopefully they stay tucked away this year.  I AM, however, super excited about shopping for the Easter baskets!  I love that little dollar nook at the front of the Target stores...and Dollar Tree!  Oh, I cant wait!  Luke has the rest of the week off school and we coloring eggs tomorrow.  We are trying the Kool-Aid method this year.  We will see how it goes!

If someone you know has lost a child...please, dont shove them away or be negative.  Let them grieve.  Take a moment to think about how YOU would feel if you YOUR child had died.  No matter the age that child was it HURTS.  No matter how much time has passed since that child's death it HURTS.  Have a little compassion.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Listen to MamaJax2010s Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones