Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Life is Good

Sweet little man is snoozing on my chest, the bigger one is off spending the night with his dad...The house is quite except for K-LOVE playing...it's a rather nice evening.  The house is a mess, but I dont care anymore.  Things are quite good...life is good.

Daniel is 5 weeks old today and growing like a weed.  Last night we had to bust out the 0-3month clothes.  It was hard.  He doest feel so itty bitty in this size, but man, does he ever still look it.  He is also starting to get into some of the small dipes too.  I noticed the last few weeks that the xs ones are starting to get a little snug. 
He has such a wonderful personality.  The only time he really cries is when he's tired, wet, or hungry...just meet his basic needs and your good!  He has already named my boobs too!  Luke always called them "Um Buh"...Not sure why...MY BOOB perhaps?  Daniel calls them La.  Yes, just la.  He cries it when he's hungry.  If you try to give him one any other time he just spits it out.  Silly kid.  Much to my displeasure we have been giving him a pacifier on those times when he's really tired and just wants to suck to sleep.  Surprisingly he wont nurse sometimes when he wants to suck on something, but he will take the pacy.  GAG.  I cried last night cause he wouldnt nurse but was all over that dumb piece of plastic.  He still nurses like a champ every 1-2 hours so Im not too concerned.  Last night he only woke up about twice, but he nursed nearly every hour once he was up.

Luke is really starting to get into the big brother thing more.  He loves watching Daniel's baths and likes to play with him to calm him.  He's a huge help!  He's great at entertaining Daniel while he's having "big boy time" on the floor alone.  He's also gotten much better with his manners and getting ready in the morning.  He doesnt dawdle QUITE as bad as he used to, and we havent added to the quarter jar but once since Daniel came home. 

Landon and I are settling into our new routines pretty well.  He helps me out a TON around the house...as in I do very little.  Its wonderful to be able to just sit and enjoy Daniel...and when I need a break he's usually there to trade jobs for a bit :)  Just a few more weeks and he graduates from college so he's been pretty busy lately. 

It's been a long road to this point, but life is pretty good right now.   After the hard road I've had the last some odd years it feels good to be able to just relax a little.  Soon the weather will get nicer and I can get back out with my mower and loose this baby weight...and we can get the garden in too!  I  cant wait!

4 comments:

Elaine said...

Yeah for boob men! Glad everything is going so smoothly. You sound like one happy Momma!

Holly said...

I'm glad things are going so well!

Nicole said...

He sounds so cute. I am glad everything is turning out good for you.

Feel free to check out my personal blog or my photography blog dedicated to my angel girl and my boyfriend. Portion of the proceeds go to Faces of Loss, Faces of Hope. www.nmmphotography.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

This makes me happy. So good to know my family is doing well. :)

And this makes me sad. Because I'm missing all of it. :(

Post a Comment

Listen to MamaJax2010s Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones