Thursday, January 31, 2013

"Life's Trials Explained"

I was most excited to do the Walking With You series not only because it encourages myself and other momma's who come here to read, but also because it helps me feel closer to my little girl.  When that band aid gets ripped off, and the pain returns a bit, I find myself turning to God and drawing closer to Him again.  One thing that I have found that calms me and makes me feel better is listening to Charles Stanley.  He has a soothing southern voice, but not a drawl per say.  He explains things in such a simple easy to understand way.  I found a few current broadcasts of his that REALLY hit home with me.  He makes many good points about WHY we go through our struggles, how it's not always from God, how OUR reaction reflects on God....How we can take our struggles and  make something beautiful of it.  I dont want to say much about it, I want you to hear it from Pastor Stanley himself.  I dont know how to get the broadcasts on my blog, but here is the link to his broadcast page.  You want the ones from January 24th and 25th...Life's Trials Explained.  Each one is about 24 minutes long.  Hop back over here and tell me what you think!  His words rung so true, he had me in tears on more than one occasion.


Please keep me in your prayers this weekend.  I will be hosting a Thirty-One party on saturday to help raise money for Missing GRACE.  I would love to see a good turn out, but it doesnt look too good.  Please pray that I am pleasantly surprised, and that if not that God would grant me peace and I would not be too disappointed.  Thank you, from the bottom of my heart!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Listen to MamaJax2010s Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones