Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloween Peanuts

 Ok, I hadnt posted in a few days and I thought I'd let everyone know I am still alive.  Baby Jax is still doing good...loving the diet of jazz that is pumped through my womb ;)

Luke was Indiana Jones for Halloween last weekend and he pulled it off very well!  We had a hard time finding a costume so we just made it last minute, but it was better than the ones I had found on the internet anyway.  He had tons of fun trick or treating and we even ran into some friends while we were out.





I was able to find Vanessa a Christmas ornament.  I was really upset that she was not going to have one, and this was supposed to be her first Christmas.  We were at Menard's this past weekend and I went to the Christmas section while Landon was looking at insulation for the basement.  I love Christmas!  Babies make it just that more special.  I was so caught up in the fact that next year we would have baby Jax and he will be old enough to really enjoy it with!  I started thinking of all my friends who have had babies recently and how they will get to experience all that stuff this year, and my mind wandered to Vanessa.  I started to feel guilty, of course, for being so caught up in Baby Jax...I wandered over to the ornaments and remembered that I didnt have one for Nessa...I still have MY first ornament.  I was  looking at some when I seen a baby in a peanut shell like a bunting.  It said "peanut" across it.  We called Nessa our peanut while she was here...I lost it.  I took it down, sobbing, and found my husband.  He took one look at the look on my face when I showed him what I had found and said, "We are buying it. No questions."  I cupped that silly thing in my hand the rest of the time we were there.  I reluctantly laid it on the belt at the check out, feeling as though I was laying my daughter down, and Landon snatched it back up at the other end.  He said, " just give it back to her.  I know that look."  I felt so silly for being so protective over that dumb peanut, but it was Hers.  I now a partially finished blanket and a peanut christmas ornament.

1 comments:

Holly said...

Luke is a good Indiana Jones! :)

I like the ornament that you picked up for Vanessa. Perfect addition to the Christmas tree.

Post a Comment

Listen to MamaJax2010s Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones