Sunday, March 13, 2011

Almost a year ago...

A year ago I was pregnant, but I had no idea.  We discovered our little peanut had taken up residency on March 24th, 2010.  I remember being so scared and so insanely happy all at the same time.  We found these adorable little poems written from the baby's point of view telling our family members about the upcoming addition.  Luke was in Disney that week and we told him as soon as he came home.  He was so excited!  A few family members were told about our peanut by Luke exclaiming, "I'm a big brother!!"  He had so much fun telling everyone.

I remember feeling like I was glowing from day one.  I was a little nauseous but nothing too bad.  I craved taco bell and steaks cooked medium well.  SO weird for me because I am a die hard WELL cooked type of girl.  As soon as that second line popped up I went to Hobby Lobby and got yarn for a baby blanket.  I crocheted like crazy.  I KNEW in my heart of hearts that it was a little girl.  Just knew.  I would talk to her while I folded clothes, cooked dinner, and any time that was not spent talking to someone else.  We went geo caching a lot last spring and I remember one time we were on the way home and I was feeling so content with life and everything in the world....Landon looked at me and told me I was "a completely different creature."  That I seemed more at ease, more comfortable with life.  That lasted for about two weeks.

2 comments:

Elaine said...

It's hard going through all of the one year anniversaries. Although I'm sure the second year and third year will be no peach either. It's always strange being pregnant with a different baby during these one years. Most people out of our inner circle found out about our pregnancy through my daughter too. She was so excited

Holly said...

Lots of love to you and to Vanessa ♥

Post a Comment

Listen to MamaJax2010s Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones