Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Spring Blog Party

Photobucket


I'm feeling rather "springy" today so I linked up with Dancing Barefoot on Weathered Ground for Lynnette's spring blog party.  The sun is finally shining here and I have some rugs out drying on the railing of the steps (my "clothes line" until the real one is up) so I figured, why not!


What is your comfort food/drink?
Food: chocolate.  I'm addicted.  Badly.

Drink: Sweet tea.  REAL sweet tea.  I'm convinced you have to be southern born to make it right though.  Unless you are my MIL.  That woman makes some good sweet tea.


Be brave – tell us something very random and weird about yourself.
I HATE cleaning my bathroom and unloading my dishwasher.  The bathroom is the smallest room in the house and takes the least amount of time, but I hate that chore.  As far as the dishwasher...I will load that thing up with dirty dishes ANY day, but I down right HATE unloading it and putting away the clean ones.


Do you have a strong desire to do something you’ve never done? What is it?
Hmmm.  Cloth diaper.  LoL!  I'm so excited for this little one to come so that I can put his butt in some of this fluff laying around!  I'm convinced that delivery will be much easier for me if they just hold a cloth diaper down there and tell me to place the baby in the diaper.  LoL!


Books: Fiction, Non-Fiction, Romance, Biographies, True Stories, Self-Help, Devotional/Study? 
What are your favorite types of reading material?
Fiction.  I like to get lost in another reality entirely.  I'm a sucker for the Harry Potter series...and The Hitch Hiker's Guide. 

Music: Funk, Rock, Country, Jazz, Classical, Film Score, Blues, Classic Rock, Crooner, Alternative, Heavy Metal, Techno? What are your favorite types?
Man, where to start.  I grew up on classic rock.  I LOVE jazz, enjoy playing the blues, and would rather sing Opera.  Our radio is stuck on KLOVE and my husband and I share a slightly unhealthy obsession with Frank Sinatra.  Some of my favorite songs are Country and Hip-Hop.    I think you get the picture.

If you inherited a million dollars, what is the first thing you would do with your money?
House.  Nothing extravagant.  I want the one next door.  New car, pay off bills.  The rest gets saved back.  Seriously.  I dont really WANT of earthly things.  I just want to be comfortable, not have to worry.  I enjoy saving money much more than spending it.  I would probably take some and get some chickens, honestly.  My personal splurge would be egg producers.  LoL!

Name one weakness of yours (confession is good for the soul).
I'm very gullible.  I will believe just about anything you tell me. 

If you could live anywhere at all (and take all your loved ones with you), where would you go?
Turks and Caicos.  Landon and I went there a few years ago for his cousins wedding at the Beaches resort there.  I fell in love with the place.  That million dollars would probably send me back for a week too.  It's also the place Landon proposed to me.


Strange Talent? Can you juggle basketballs, put your legs behind your head or perform some other strange feat?
I make milk.  You?

What’s something you consider yourself to be good at? (Don’t worry, it’s not bragging, it’s acknowledging a God given gift).
Domestic things.  I LOVE taking care of my family.  I cook, I clean, I mow, I garden, and I love each and every minute of it.  I did the work thing and I was MISERABLE the entire time.  Now that I'm home taking care of my boys and my house....well, I've honestly never been happier.


What is one of your favorite things to catch a whiff of?
Polo Black.  Landon wore that cologne when we first started dating.  I also love Baby Magic lotion, lilacs, and the smell of fish.  Seriously.  I grew up on a fishing boat and it's just not summer with out the smell of rotting fish carcass.  LoL!


If money wasn’t a factor, what stores would you shop in?
Saving money is a game to me so I'd shop the same places.  I would, however, splurge a little in places like Hobby Lobby.  Love me some craft supplies!

What is your greatest fear or strange phobia?
Ok, this is strange when you think about how far modern medicine has come, but I'm scared to death that I will die in child birth.  Yeah, me of all people.  Little miss "I love babies, want so many" is scared out of her mind.  Each time I get pregnant I feel as though I am cheating death in the delivery room.  Does NOTHING for my anxiety.

What is your greatest accomplishment?
My kiddos.  I think that the greatest gift we can give to the Earth...and humanity in general...would be our kids.  The things we teach them, how we raise them.  I hope my legacy is a good one.  Look closely to this picture...there are two of my babies in it.


What are your favorite animals?
Sloths.  They always happy in a "high as a kite" sort of way.  Like they really dont care whats going on around them.  They just take life so easily and always have that goofy grin. 

12 comments:

Heather said...

Hello! Lovely little blog! :)

Congratulations on your coming addition! Praying that you have a wonderful and blessed delivery!

dulce de leche said...

So nice to meet you! Praying for a healthy and happy pregnancy and delivery.

Unknown said...

I love the smell of lilacs too. I three bushes around my house. I can't wait for spring!

September said...

oh my word... I am laughing so hard.. "I make milk, you?" ... is just a riot... I guess I could have put that down too! :)
And..I also, would love to get up the "nerve" to cloth diaper... it just intimidates me. lol...
Enjoyed your story...
Stopped over from Lynnette's Party!
Blessings,
September

~she~ said...

Port Clinton...isn't that where Put-N-Bay is? I was there once as a child. I need to go back some time. Thanks for stopping by my blog...it's nice to "meet" you! I'm a sweet tea addict too...but I'm trying to quit. :)

Anna Gray said...

Did I hear somebody say chocolate? That is totally my comfort food as well as is most of the lady bloggers who have linked up. Mmmm...

I guess you could say that I fear medicine just a bit. I always joke with people and say that I could NEVER do drugs because I am always worried that I'm going to overdose on medicine...even if it is old school tylenol. Ha!

Hope you have a healthy and happy pregnancy!

It's great meeting you! :)

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are in the home stretch. Will pray for a safe delivery (and unnervous mother...)

Holly said...

I still need to do my blog party post! Hopefully today some time.

It was fun reading all your answers :) you made me laugh bout the CD bit. I know you'll just love it! And I def relate to smells taking you somewhere. Can't say I enough the smell of fish a lot though lol

Linda said...

I think your little boy's picture is so precious! He is so cute.

Hope you will have peace when you go to deliver your baby.

I'm Lynnette's mom and I am a grandma to 11 kids on earth and some in heaven...and I can so relate when you said that being a homemaker is the best job. I always loved it...loved my girls so much when they were home, and love my grandkids so much. I am so very blessed.

Have a good day!

Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

Amy said...

How great that you love taking care of your family. What joy you are certain to be passing on.

Have a great day,
Amy @ Missional Mama

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed your post....
http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/
for some reason blogger is not letting me comment....UGH

Unknown said...

Hey, I've made milk too! For 9 babies! (Well, I was only able to continue to make it for 7 since 2 died shortly after birth)

I grew up (for a while) on sweet tea, but when my mom married an Englishman, we began to only put sugar in our hot tea. :)

I've been here before, but wanted to come by and say Welcome to the blog party! Hope you're having a blast!
Lynnette

Post a Comment

Listen to MamaJax2010s Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones