Sunday, March 27, 2011

The birth of a Rainbow Prt 1

Monday the 14th I went to the doctor for a routine check, not expecting much news, but I was hopeful.  The verdict was 1 1/2 cm with the option to be induced on the 21st.  I took it.  Went home.

The cramping started off and on around noon, after I ate.  I was not surprised as the ONLY time I seemed to have contractions was after a cervical check.  They stopped after a few hours and I went about my day.  I contemplated going to Meijer's to finish up the grocery shopping...I really wanted strawberries and they had them on sale, but then I started cramping again after I ate supper.  I suddenly got this HUGE urge to vacuum the house, which I didnt do and later regretted, but suddenly I was able to actually time the contractions.  NEVER had I EVER been able to do that.  Not even while in labor with Luke.  I started texting my MIL who was going to be one of my support people in the delivery room to let her know what was going on.  It was around 6pm when suddenly there was some blood mixed in with every thing else going on "down there."  I called the hospital around 9pm and they said to lay down and see if they got better...call back in half an hour.  At this point they were about 10-12 minutes apart and NOTHING was making them better at all. 

I laid down on my left side and watched as the contractions got closer and closer.  At the end of my half hour they were 3 minutes apart.  The nurse told me to come on in....I really wasnt having any pain issues at this point at all.  We walked to the car...I joked all the way to the hospital about how we had left the car seat in the front room.  Duh.  I was admitted around 10:30pm and hooked up....and my contractions stopped.  Yeah.

I walked the halls, did the birthing ball, and still my contractions where random and not very strong.  At the same time, I was making cervical changes.  I found that just like at home my contractions got stronger if I laid down.  Thing started picking up once I ignored the nurse and laid down..."trying to get some sleep"  I said.  I was actually told that they were going to keep me till 7am when the doctor came in and let him decide.  I felt awful cause my  MIL had come all the way from Carey, Landon was up...ugh.  It would so be like me for this to be a false alarm.  They were really not planning on anything happening, but said if I had meds and an IV they would have to keep and deliver me.  Around 1am Things got a little rough.  Not too bad, but I didnt want it getting ahead of me.  I was about 3cm and decided we needed to do something to take the edge off to keep my blood pressure down.  Once it starts going up it's hard for me to get it back in check.  I was given Nubain with the promise that it shouldnt slow things down...it would just help with the pain.  All I can say about Nubain is that it's like drinking 2 bottles of wine by yourself.  I was looped, doped, and didnt care that I was in pain.  I was able to get a little sleep, and the next time they checked me I was PAST the magical number for my epidural.  It had SPED me up!  There is a lot to be said for relaxing while in labor!  I was about 6cm dilated when they came to do my epidural.

The rest will come later...up until this point I was still smiling, in a good mood.  I was so shocked.  NOTHING was the same from my labor with Luke.  I was in  pain, but it wasnt nearly all that bad.  I knew they were intense, but I had had worse with kidney stones and cysts.  I was JUST getting to the point to where I was in real pain when the anesthesiologist came in.  I know God had everything to do with this....the situation was so different from the first time...and I had my Landon by my side.

1 comments:

Holly said...

I can't wait to hear more!!!

Post a Comment

Listen to MamaJax2010s Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones