Saturday, February 12, 2011

34 Weeks

So technically I have 6 weeks left...I'm claiming 5.  I just have this hunch he's coming a little early...or maybe it's really wishful thinking.

I'm sooo tired all the time.  ANY amount of house work has me on my butt.  I havent really been feeling well either.  Still congested and coughing, but sometimes nauseous.  I've noticed an increase in the braxton hicks contractions too.  Normally they dont bother me too much, but every once in awhile they knock me on my butt.  I've definetly been cranky too.   I suppose that comes with the territory.  I feel bad because I'm pretty short with Luke all the time, but he's in that stage where he pretty much doesnt listen to what you tell him.  I HATE repeating myself.  You tell him to do something like rinse his dishes...he may do it the first time, but the next he WILL forget.  He's also been really mouthy.  I'm about to pull my hair out.  I have to keep reminding myself that he's already going through a transition from baby to child and being knocked out of that seat for real with Daniel coming probably isnt helping.  But still.  He really knows how to push my buttons.

All of the "nesting" stuff is done except for organizing the area that will be Daniels dresser and changing table.  Grandpa made it and he is almost done.  Monday he is bringing down and I will be able to finish.  Everyone keeps commenting that my house cleaning is nesting, but really I'm doing no more than I would if I werent pregnant.  It just sounds like a lot.  I'm a little concerned with what is going to happen after Daniel is born.  If I so much as take a half a day where I veg out and let the boys do dinner and take care of things the kitchen is a DISASTER.  I cant imagine what it is going to be like if I have a rough recovery like I did with Luke and have to be out for DAYS.  I already told Landon, who is returning to school the day after birth, that he may have to stay with his grandma in Sycamore.  He's narcoleptic so I'm not sure how he will handle the baby being up all night, homework, AND keeping up the house.  He's the messiest of them all any way.  Seriously.  It's the narcolepsy.  He will start something and get distracted and just leave the first project sit...or he'll get ingredients and stuff out...not clean up.  He's really forgetful with stuff like that.  I'm super OCD so if things arent picked up I get crazy...add sleep deprivation to that and the hormone drop and it's a recipe for disaster.  It will be interesting how things go.  I'm sure it will be fine, but I do worry from time to time.


Today was pretty good.  We took Luke sledding and it was so much fun!  It was great to get out of the house.  Of course, being the "off" kid that he has been lately he ended the trip in tears.  He gets tired easy.  We cant plan more than one "outing" in a day because if he gets tired he is a MESS.  After half an hour they wiped out and we had to leave because Luke was hysterical.  He proceeded to mope for the next 3 hours so the rest of the plans for the evening were shot.  I'm not sure why he's so sensitive.  We still have to be really careful about what movies he watches because they give him nightmares.  For example, he cant watch Aladdin after a certain time.  Even the old silent Pink Panther cartoons are a no go.  If there is ANY tension in the show or movie, forget it.  He got Toy Story 3 for Christmas, but after watching it myself I REFUSE to let him watch it.  He's not allowed to even play wii after a certain time because he will have nightmares about the game.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Listen to MamaJax2010s Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones