Thursday, February 24, 2011

Belly Painting

Luke stayed home from school today.  I swear they have missed more school this winter than any I can remember.  I've lost count of how many make up days there are.  Today we went down to my grandparents.  I'm not really comfortable being alone this far along especially after how crampy I was yesterday.  We ran into wal-mart to grab a few things and I thought it would be a cute little project to pick up some face paint and turn Luke loose on my belly.  I've always wanted to do it, but could never figure out the right paint, or the holiday would come and go before we got around to doing it.

Luke drew two masterpieces on Daniel and I today.  The first started out as a cat and morphed into a lion after we thought about it.  Daniel in the lions den.  LoL!  Luke had a ball!  Daniel seemed to really enjoy the attention too.





After he was done with his lion he decided he wanted to do something else too.  I told him depending on what he wanted to paint he could use the brush again or try it with his fingers (his idea of painting didnt work too well with the brush and the type of paint we used).  He thought for a second and then his face lit up like Christmas.  He announced his choice and I cried a little.  Not going to lie.  It was all his idea too.  Here are some pictures:


"A rainbow over our rainbow baby, Mom!"
He drives me nuts some days, but I have to say, I have on special little boy!  Well, make that 2 ;)

3 comments:

Elaine said...

That made me tear up, what a sweet little boy! I've been trying to get my 5 yr old to do that for me but she has no interest in painting my belly :(

Holly said...

Awww that is so sweet! I love that he drew a lion and then that precious rainbow!! What a fun time for you both

The Bama Gardener said...

That is so sweet!

It is so exciting that you are cloth diapering for the first time too! YAY for us! Thanks for stopping by my blog and I am praying for you and your family as you wait for your new baby to arrive!

Post a Comment

Listen to MamaJax2010s Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones