Thursday, January 20, 2011

30 week checkup

Today I had my 30 check up with Dr. H and it was so full of good news!  Daniel was pretty much all over the place while I was in the waiting room.  I was wondering if they would able to get his heart beat he was soooo squirmy, but Doc had no trouble whatsoever!  He put the doppler down and there was Daniel, chugging along!  He must have been really up close because his heart beat was so clear and loud.  I think the doctor was having as much fun listening as I was because he just sort of left it there and listened even after declaring him "perfect." 

After having Eclampsia while in labor with Luke....and Pre-E for a few weeks before hand, my blood pressure is a HUGE issue with me.  I normally run around 104 so they say to add 30 points for your hypertension rate if you run low...that puts me at 134 ish as my trouble zone.  If I get around 120 I'm concerned though.  It's one of those things that once it starts going it keeps going...plus you never know about labor.  Today it was only 112!!!  I was so thrilled!

After gaining so much weight through out my pregnancy I was concerned about that.  You normally gain so much weight at the end, but I had only put on a single pound in the past 2 weeks!  I guess my body finally figured it out that it had had enough.  Thankfully.  I dont really eat much junk, mostly fruit, but I will admit to a sweet tooth ;)  Most of my weight is in my thighs, butt, and belly.  Hopefully we can keep it down!

All my blood work came back normal...no gestational diabetes and all the levels looked great.  I was a little concerned about my iron, but the black strap molasses must be doing the trick.

We go back Feb 7...the monday after the baby shower.  Pray that we keep getting good news...and for me too.  i have so much trouble with my anxiety and with labor looming so close ahead of me...well, you can imagine. 

1 comments:

Holly said...

I'm glad things are going so well! It's great your BP is staying down and hopefully that doesn't change! Hey, is there anything you need CD wise that I can send you since I won't be able to make it to your shower?

Post a Comment

Listen to MamaJax2010s Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones