Wednesday, January 19, 2011

What's in a Name?

I dont think I ever posted about Daniel's name and where it all came from.  We pulled from so many places, but it is a name that means so much to us....

Daniel..."God is my judge"  I love Biblical names.  That one is a given...however, those of you  who have watched the show Stargate know of a character named Daniel Jackson.  This was my geek compromise.  LoL!

Coleman..."Dove"  This one we choose because it is the middle name of Landon's best friend, Vance.  Vance is rather an awesome person.  He has muscular dystrophy, is 28, and has never been in a wheel chair, drives a stick shift still, and never seems to let his condition get him down.  He's quite an inspiration.  It was a no brainer for us to name our first child after him.

Patrick..."Noble"  After loosing Vanessa I became aware of how much it means to someone who has lost a child to have that child remembered and honored.  Patrick was the name given to a child my grandma lost at about 22 weeks gestation.  She still marks his birthday on the calender and we try to get out to "visit" his grave a few times a year.  I wanted him remembered....so many of these children are just pushed under the rug like they never existed.

So there you have it.  It's rather lengthy, but it has so much meaning to us.

Daniel Coleman Patrick Jackson

There will be no doubt in his head when he is in trouble ;)

1 comments:

Holly said...

I love his name and the meaning behind it. Especially your reason behind Patrick. I'm sure it means so much to your grandma!

Post a Comment

Listen to MamaJax2010s Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones