Friday, January 21, 2011

*Sigh* Here we go Again

I was NEVER sick my entire pregnancy with Luke.  NEVER.  I thought pregnancy must give you some ubber awesome immune system to protect the baby.  Wow, was I ever wrong. 

My doctor explained to me, after my HPV flared up out of no where leaving me fearing cancer while pregnant, that pregnancy actually SUPPRESSES your immune system.  (By the way, biopsy results came back last week and all is well).  It made sense after I thought about it that way.  One immune system with two bodies.  I can see how that would put a damper on things.  I didnt realise that I would eventually be cringing in literal terror every time my kindergartener got within 4 feet of me.  Seriously.  I dread him coming over near me because he has been sick off and on since Christmas....which of course means I have been too.  Each time I get better he gets sick...and then I get it again.  I have spent the past two days going EVERYWHERE behind him with disinfectant wipes because he cant keep his hands out of his mouth or nose and then he has to randomly touch EVERYTHING he walks past.  I finally made him stay in his room at one point. 

So then I get up this morning and I feel feverish, but my temp is 96.something, my throat is sore, my nose is clogged, and my entire head is congested.  Thanks Luke.  If I'm lucky it will go no farther and in a few days I will be fine, however, this is EXACTLY how the bronchitis started.  Yeah.  They warned me that EVERYTIME I get ANYTHING upper respiratory from here on out I am more than likely looking at bronchitis.  It was THAT bad before.  I feel horrible for not wanting to be around Luke, and we've tried explaining it but he doesnt seem to understand....but I just really cant afford to be sick like that again.  On the plus side, he is spending this weekend with his dad so hopefully that will give me a few days to recoup...and KEEP the house disinfected.  *sigh*

2 comments:

KnottedFingers said...

*hugs hugs hugs* I too get bronchitis 4 out of every 5 times I get a cold. I'm praying for you sweetie so so hard

Holly said...

It sucks being sick but even worse while your pregnancy! And yeah, being pregnant does make you more susceptible to getting sick. I think I only had a small cold luckily with Lainey once.

Post a Comment

Listen to MamaJax2010s Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones