Wednesday, January 12, 2011

First Diaper Wash!

First off, I want to thank those of you who were praying for our Luke.  He came home from school yesterday and was my goofy lil man again!  It was so wonderful to hear him laugh again!

Today I was able to wash the dipes out.  I have really been wanting to do this since I got them, but I was good and waited!  We have well water and it doesnt run in very fast...not to mention that from time to time the pipes spit out sediment into the water.  I read you should do the loads on large, but there was NO way the pump or the hot water heater was going to keep up so I pushed it back to a medium.  That really helped!  In the first rinse all my inserts and breast pads turned black from sediment...I was FREAKED out, but it all rinsed out in the wash cycle...thankfully.  I added both lemon juice and vinegar (lemon at the beginning, vinegar in the last rinse) because there were some stains in the diapers that the previous owners could not get out, and the breast pads had NEVER been washed correctly.  Everything came out looking AWESOME!  It was so wonderful to pull those fresh clean dipes out of the dryer and stuff the liners back in.  I think the only thing that would have brought me more joy is if they were out back on a clothes line!  I really love this staying home thing.  I hope and pray that we are able to keep it this way.  I can stay home and cook, clean, do dishes, laundry...work myself to the bone, but in any other setting I am miserable.  I feel like this is truly where I am supposed to be...what I'm supposed to do.  I cant wait until Daniel comes! 

My baby shower is in a few weeks and I will know more about how many more dipes I need.  I'm really hoping to either get some more, or to get some money that we can use towards them.  I have NO problem buying second hand!  Those suckers are expensive and my kids are just going to poop in them any way.  I just keep telling myself that it's more or less free after the first few months....no $20 a week going to the landfill!

1 comments:

Holly said...

I'm glad that you will be able to stay home and hope that you can continue to do so!! :) Ahhh washing dipes!! If you have hard water I suggest adding Calgon! It's really cut back on me stripping so often.

Post a Comment

Listen to MamaJax2010s Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones