Monday, January 31, 2011

Early Spring Cleaning

I decided to jump start my spring cleaning today and the kitchen is nearly done.  I normally spend a day in each room, but it's getting harder to be up on my feet and climbing around so it's going to take a little longer...at least there.  On the plus side, the walls are wiped, windows cleaned, curtains washed, cabinets wiped, and the entry way is done too.  Tomorrow we will tackle the appliances, the rest of the dishes, the counters, and the stove.  In between buckets of water I was taking breaks to sew together my cloth wipes, but my dad's sewing machine is really weird and for the life of me I cannot get the bobbin re-threaded.  I nearly chucked it into the wall at one point.  It was then that I decided that washing walls was more therapeutic than sewing.  LoL!  I would have LOVED to get the laundry done today too, but the washer was acting up again.  Hopefully it behaves the rest of the week cause I've got some dipes coming in!

The front room really wont take that long, just a matter of sweeping, windows, the walls, curtains, and vacuuming the furniture if my back cooperates.  Normally I can do that and the bathroom all in the same day.  I'm hoping that this week goes by faster than last with all the cleaning.  It really felt like last week would NEVER end.  I dont know why.

Saturday is my baby shower and I've decided that if anyone comments about how "huge" I am I'm just walking out.  I really cannot take it any more.  I've always been sort of inwardly touchy about my size even when NOT pregnant.  After Luke was born I came very close to developing an eating disorder.  It's just healthier for me to stay away from the comments.  I begrudingly went to the grocery store today...cause if I didnt the boys would starve all week...and drug my feet about it till after 1pm.  I get there and my back is killing me, my hip is threatening to go out of place, and I feel like I'm about 3 feet away from the cart I'm TRYING to push.  A lady I know walks up to me and asks if I'm ok.  I say, "Yes.  I just feel really huge.  My back is killing me."  She sort of chuckles at me and says, "well, honey, that's because you are!"  She then goes on and on about how tight all my clothes are.  *sigh*  I feel guilty for the banana I just ate....at the same time I want a dozen cookies because if I'm going to be the size of house I might as well enjoy what I'm eating.

On that note, it's time to start supper...and then I get to go back out in public to get Luke from school.  If you hear of a pregnant woman getting thrown in jail for homicide in central Ohio....That's me.

1 comments:

Holly said...

Honestly, Betty, what are people thinking!? I could never imagine saying to a pregnant woman how huge she looks. That's just rude!!

Of course, I was always on the opposite end. I remember with Kyndra and Carleigh people were always commenting how small I was. I got tired of it. With Lainey I wasn't quite as small so didn't really hear anything this time. I know, shoot me, huh b/c I'm complaining about people saying I was small! lol

Post a Comment

Listen to MamaJax2010s Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones