Sunday, January 30, 2011

I just need to vent

I'm pregnant, I'm hormonal...please just bear with me for a second while I vent a little bit.

Does NO ONE on this planet realize how incredibly hurtful it is to comment about someone else's size?  If you see an over weight person on the street you do not walk up to them and tell them they look as though they are going to explode, they are the size of a house, or if they saved any food for anyone else.  You dont see people doing that because it is rude and hurtful to the other person.  Why is it then that if that person is PREGNANT they must endure countless comments about their size?  "Are you SURE it's not Twins because one looks like it was hiding during the US"...."You'll never make it to your due date with out exploding"..."You are literally the size of a house!"...."Watch out!  Here comes the pregnant woman!  Make room!"....."I swear you doubled in size the past two weeks!"...."Maybe it's triplets!"..."Man, that's going to hurt coming out."..."You REALLY think you can loose all that weight?"   I could go on and on and that is just the things I've heard today....in church.  Yeah.  And people wonder why I dont leave my house.  My grandma is the worst of them all.  She literally cannot let 15 minutes go by without a comment about my size.  I'm not exaggerating because I timed her today.  Seriously.

I'm 32 weeks pregnant.  I'm miserable.  I'm tired and hungry and hot all the time.  And now I have to endure fat comments at every turn.  That makes me feel much better about myself.  Thanks. 

It has gotten to the point to where I dont even respond.  I literally just glare at them and then turn around and walk away.  The kicker...they DONT get the hint.  Landon tried to gently hint to someone that a pregnant woman should not be told such things and they proceeded to VERY sarcastically tell me I looked amazing and was glowing.  I mean it was DRIPPING.  I seriously dont even want to take my son to and from school during the week because I'm afraid I'll have to talk to someone who will make a comment about my size and then I'll go off on them.  The next person who says anything will be met with, "Would you say that to me if I wasnt pregnant?  Then dont say it now, please."



Ok....off my soapbox.  Thanks for letting me get all that off my chest.  You guys are great!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I agree, for some reason people think it's ok if you're pregnant to say those things....ugh!

Antoinette said...

Hi, I seen your blog on Holly's list and I clicked to follow. I am also carrying my rainbow, Adrian Michael. I lost my daughter alyssa at 35w 2/23/10. I am currently 26w pregnant and ALLLLL I can hear are these comments. I carried big with Alyssa too, but clearly I am NOT interested in hearing every 5 minutes how "your weight must be so heavy for you" and "WOW, that is all you are? Maybe your off on your dates or its twins?" Um, i am high risk, I get an u/s every week i think i would KNOW if I was carrying twins by now LOL...this post is so true!! NO ONE in their right mind would walk up to an over weight person and discuss their gut, I dont know why they need to do it to us..xoxo

Susan said...

Once in my life I asked a coworker if she was sure she was having just one baby. When I was pregnant, I found her and apologized. Of course, she laughed at me at that point. :-) I didn't get that at all with Gracie, but I got it from about 32 or 33 weeks with Jenna...whenever it was that my uterus started hoarding extra amniotic fluid. It gets old. No question about it. Hang in there. You're almost there!!!

Holly said...

People can be really insensitive. How can people think it is ok to say stuff like that? Next time you should really give it to em!

Post a Comment

Listen to MamaJax2010s Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones