Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

 We are all still alive...all sick, but still here.  Landon came down with this congestion stuff the night we returned from Georgia, passed it to Luke by Christmas eve, and today I seem to officially have it.  Luke is doing the best on the road to recovery.  It seems to be viral and as though it will clear on it's own if given enough time.  I think the reason Landon's has hung on so long is that we didnt know how to treat it at first so his meds have had a harder time playing catch up.  It starts out slow and then just when you think it's clearing up it hits you like a mac truck in the chest.  With Luke we just put him straight on a decongestant, expectorant, suppressant cocktail.  Landon was a little more hit and miss....me, well, there's not much I can take so I'm just really hopped up on Vitamin C.  LoL!  I dont think I have ever ate so much fruit in my life.  I dont feel that bad, just full in my chest.

Even being sick we had a pretty good Christmas.  Luke got a few Wii games, some pj's, undies, legos, helmet for his go cart, clothes, toys...the usual haul. LoL!  I think Landon and I have had more fun with is Epic Mickey game than he has.  Lynsey got him Mater's Tall Tales, which he LOVES.  LoL!  He officially declared her the best Aunt ever upon opening it. 

Today marks  28 weeks...and we are officially in the 3rd trimester!  FINALLY!  He is so much more active too!  Little man is all over the place pretty much all of the time.  We have dubbed him and Luke Thing 1 and Thing 2.  I have a feel that together they are going to give me a run for my money.  LoL!  I cant wait!  Dad and Landon keep making fun of me because I have all of my newborn size clothes in the front room.  Every day I unfold them, lay them out, refold them, restack them, move the piles....we do this a few times each day.  I'm trying really hard to not do laundry and pack hospital bags, but it's getting really hard now that I can say I'm in my 3rd trimester.  Just something about knowing that makes me NEED to be completely prepared at all times to be able to grab them and go.  With Luke I think I packed my bag the week before.  LoL!  I suppose that is the difference between being 18 and unplanned and 25 and some what planned.  LoL.  I know what to expect and I cant wait!  HaHa!  I know the act of Daniel being born will be hard, but I also have a great support team that will be with me this time, and I know how awesome it is to hold and nurse a new born.  I seriously cannot wait!  I think that loosing Vanessa has made a difference too.  I was ready once and it all went down the drain...Now it is really happening and it seems that that anticipation of having her has carried over into the arrival of Daniel.  It's nice to have something concrete to look forward too though :)

How far along? 28 Weeks

Total weight gain/loss: We go back to the doctor on the 6th so I will know better then...for now we will go with 35 pounds.

Maternity clothes? Of course.

Stretch marks? No new ones since the last time I did this...but there are new ones for Daniel.

Sleep: Insomnia.

Best moment this week: All the kicks and jabs!

Movement: There is a pretty permanent rave going on in there.

Food cravings: Oranges, fried chicken, fruit.

Anything making you queasy or sick: I get motion sick real easy.

Have you started to show yet: I was getting asked if we were shooting for having our baby before the new year...I would just smile and say "No, not till the end of March."  To which I would then be questioned, "Oh, My!  Are you having twins?"  I really am getting tired of the twin thing.

Leakage: Yes
Gender prediction: Boy.

Labor Signs: Braxton Hicks are starting up.  Not too bad though

Belly Button in or out?I really feel bad for my belly button.

Wedding rings on or off? Officially off.

Happy or Moody most of the time: Moody.

Weekly Wisdom: Lotion is your friend.

1 comments:

Holly said...

Hooray for the 3rd trimester!! Closer to the end!

Post a Comment

Listen to MamaJax2010s Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones