Sunday, October 10, 2010

16 weeks





Today marks 16 weeks for us, or 4 months if you prefer to look at it that way.  Either way, we will be half way done in 4 weeks!  Yay!!!  I cant wait to meet this little one!  The entire pregnancy still doesnt quite seem real to me.  I'm having a hard time letting myself go emotionally and get attached.  Understandable I suppose.  I know I will feel much better about everything once it is born and in my arms.

Lately I have been experiencing some minor swelling in my hands and feet.  Normally it would be no big deal, just normal preggo stuff, but I have a nasty history.  I've still been really tired, not sleeping well, and dizzy from time to time too.  I suppose it's all normal.  I mean, I AM making a person here.  It's rather uncomfortable sleeping on my left side all the time.  My back hurts, my belly pulls on my hips when I'm on my side.  I had been sleeping sort of sitting up on the couch and that was helping, but last night I was able to spend the whole night with my hubby!  It was great!  I just rotated from side to side each time I got up to pee (like every hour or two) and tried to favor my left side unless it was really uncomfortable.

Luke seems to be getting more excited since we told him we are going to find out the sex of the baby.  He's really pushing for a boy, but we will see.  He knows he has no choice and says he just wants a sibling that is ok, but he would Prefer a brother.  Kids.

Ok, Here is the update:

How far along? 16 weeks

Total weight gain/loss: Not sure.  I'll have to get back to you after my appointment this week.  I dont really worry about.  My body will do what it needs to.

Maternity clothes? Just went out and bought some winter clothes cause I've never been lucky enough to have a winter pregnancy before.

Stretch marks? Still not really seeing any.  I'm pretty good with the Palmer's though.

Sleep: Still not sleeping very well at night.  Just too uncomfortable.  I make sure I get enough though.

Best moment this week: The look on customers faces when I tell them I'm only 16 weeks along.  It's priceless.  I wish I had a dollar for every time I was told I was huge this weekend.

Movement: Not as much as before, but what I am feeling is getting stronger.

Food cravings: HA!  Everything.

Anything making you queasy or sick: It's getting better.  Now I just worry about setting off my preggo allergies.

Have you started to show yet: Oh, yes.

Leakage: Bladder of course.  Seriously, who doesnt after three pregnancies?

Gender prediction: Boy.

Labor Signs: No but I had some braxton hicks last week.

Belly Button in or out? Still in....for now.

Wedding rings on or off? They are coming and going now.  It depends.

Happy or Moody most of the time: Moody.  Watch out!

Weekly Wisdom: If I'm cleaning...just get out of the way.

1 comments:

Holly said...

Getting closer to halfway!! I hope the swelling gets better!

Post a Comment

Listen to MamaJax2010s Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones