Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Kirby

I HATE door to door salesmen.  I dont trust them, the creep me out, they have an agenda.  I'm in sales.  I know.  Had Landon not been here I would have just shut the door in the mans face....especially after he came back from his car with a Kirby sweeper box.  I know they are awesome, but I love my Rainbow and I already have a Kirby as well.  It's a model from the 1970's, and although it is louder than all get out (Luke runs and hides), and is harder than crap to push (I cant use it while pregnant..seriously), the dumb thing sweeps just fine.  It just so happened that Landon has been wanting a new one, but I refuse to part with my Rainbow.  Still, if Hubs wants to humor the nice black man with the sweeper at my door...then humor him will shall.

He had these little filter things that showed how much crap he was sucking out of the carpet.  He did it at LEAST a dozen times in the SAME spot.  I JUST SWEPT last Thursday.  After the last sweep he took, the pad he pulled out STILL HAD FUR.  Each swipe he took got a new pad.  A dozen pads later it still had fur.  I was sold.  They took the Rainbow as a partial trade in and told them to take it out of my house before I took it in the yard and stoned it.

I just cant live with that much crap in my house and a baby on the way who is going to crawl around in all that.  Not to mention I havent blown my nose ONCE since the man left.  I ripped the furniture out of the living room (well, Landon did :)) and swept it all.  I then proceeded to dust, everything, got the baseboards, did the corners in the ceiling, you name it.  Plus, the guy who did the demo shampooed a portion of the living room floor (now the rest looks like crap so that's the next step).  Yeah, my vacuum shampoo's better than the expensive shampooer I borrowed off my grandma last year.

BEST birthday present EVER.  Thanks Hubby!  :)

2 comments:

Holly said...

We had a Kirby saleswoman come to our door and she sold us (or really me) on it once I saw all the crap it picked up that our sweeper didn't. And you know what? I LOVE IT!! I don't have to sweep as often and there's a lot less dog hair in our house and I don't have to dust as often. It cost quite a big of dough but totally worth it IMO. Plus these things last like forever.

Betty said...

That's what got me too! It was all that crap that MY favorite sweeper was leaving behind. I about cried. I'm so anal about that sort of thing and there was sooo much fur on those little pads!

Post a Comment

Listen to MamaJax2010s Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones