Monday, October 11, 2010

It was a full circle kind of day

I keep saying that this pregnancy is emotionally hard and today was just another example.  I woke up feeling pretty great.  The boys were both on the ball,  my hubby was being his normal charming self.  It was another great to start to the week.  I went to the bathroom and, crap.  No I didnt crap.  I was spotting.  I called the doctor because I had to work today.  I felt that all would be ok, but I couldnt have lived with myself if I went on to work where I would be on my feet running around for 4 hours with no break, and then something happened to the baby.  I would spend the rest of my life feeling like I had lost my baby for the grand price of $40.  Not worth it.  Any way, the nurse I talked to, Amy-shes my favorite, agreed with me.  She said it wouldnt be a big deal, but I had to let them know in 20 min. and she wasnt comfortable with making a decision like that given all that happened last time.  She told me to lay with my feet propped up for a while, see how it went, and to call if it didnt work or got worse.  Of course, after about an hour all was fine.  Again, just us all being overly cautious.

I was doing pretty good through it all.  Of course after everything was ok I started freaking out. I'm a nut like that.  I havent been feeling the little peanut move as much, and not at all the last few days, so it had me worried more than anything.  Again, NOT a big deal at 16 weeks, but it is a little unnerving when you pretty much only breath when the baby moves and then it stops.  Landon called to see if I needed him to pick up anything when he came home.  I had FORCED him to go to school this morning.  He was about as much of a wreck as I was.  He must have picked up on my mood because about an hour and a half later he walked through the door, way early, with a few groceries and the most gorgeous flowers I had ever seen!
That pretty much made my day!  After that I was fine.  Landon made me a late lunch and we watched Harry Potter till Luke came home from school.  After his homework was done we carved our punkin.  Landon used a red LED instead of putting a candle in it.  It looks pretty spooky!
 Luke wasnt too keen on getting his hands dirty in the punkin, but I managed to get him to pull a few seeds out.


 My boys getting ready to cut the face out of the punkin...and baby Jax's bed in the back :)
 Landon and the punkin...it's lit, but you cant really tell in this picture.  We will have to take another when it's dark out.
After we carved the punkin I roasted the seeds and made a big pot of beef and noodles with a roast we had after Church yesterday.  Currently the boys are fighting over a game of Mancala (again) and we are all watching Cars on the Disney channel.  While typing this Baby Jax gave a few good kicks.  Pretty soon I'll go in and clean the kitchen up, the boys will grab another game or one will go for the wii while the other watches, someone will get a random idea to do something special like get ice cream, then Luke will take a bath, we will read some books, and then all go to bed.  I love our life.  The day is ending just the same way it started...amazing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures...The flowers are beautiful...Just rest Betty

Teeser

Anonymous said...

Maybe this baby is a boy. He may just be like his Dad. There were times when I was carrying Landon that I worried because he didn't move. You know how he likes to sleep. Just relax and take it easy...Landon will let you rest any time you need. He loves you! So do I!
MawMaw Jackson

Holly said...

Aw, how sweet he brought you flowers!! I told Anthony we need to carve a pumpkin and he looked at me like I was crazy. I think he doesn't wanna deal w/ the mess.

Post a Comment

Listen to MamaJax2010s Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones