Monday, October 4, 2010

Cysts...gag.

Well, the last couple days have been nuts.  I was under the impression that I was having Braxton Hicks all day yesterday and the evening before.  Looking back I think it was just something else getting in the way and causing some trouble.

Cysts seem to run in the family (thanks Mom) and I am no exception.  None have been bad enough to send me to the hospital, although I suppose a few ruptured that were bad enough I SHOULD have went...me and hospitals just dont get along.  They have come and gone the last few years, hormonal little sacks of fluid joining be before Auntie Flo came.  One false move and the suckers would rupture, if not they simply went down until the next month, but there was always one hanging around.

I suspected one when I was pregnant with Vanessa, but there was so much other stuff going on there that I really didnt think about it too much.  This time around, however, I've had more time to notice things...more time for things to happen.  A turn to quickly or a funny bend, getting up to quickly, sitting up in bed or rolling over to quickly...all these things have left me with sharp stabbing pain in my lower right hip.  At first I assumed it was muscles stretching, but then I started researching it and seen other mom's who were experiencing similar pains.  Cysts.  Lovely.  Made sense once it was suggested to me.  The pains were coming at similar times, just easier to trigger than when I was not pregnant (which, again, made sense).  It would also explain why I got big so fast with both Vanessa and this baby.  I bloat something aweful with cysts when I'm not pregnant so why would this be different.  After thinking it over I'm always more bloated out after being on my feet or at the end of the day...just like my cysts pre pregnant.  Walking and movement irritates them.

So over all these little jewels are harmless.  Normally they want to do an Ultrasound and see where they are, how big, that sort of thing.  I was told to take Tylenol.  Yeah, no.  I was incorrectly diagnosed with Osteoarthritis at 20 and put on 1000-1500mg three times a day for MONTHS.  Needless to say, acetaminophen has no effect on me whatsoever.  Like it would help with this type of pain any way.  But, the doctor doesnt seem to be concerned and they seem to have gone down so I wont worry.  Today was much better.

On a positive note, I am seriously getting kicked now.  No more of this, "Wait I THINK that was one" stuff.  The little sucker is getting strong...it's such a great feeling and brings me so much peace of mind.  I hit 15 weeks on Sunday so our next ultrasound (and last if all is well) will be around the first of November.

1 comments:

Holly said...

Glad you're feeling those little kicks! Takes some of the worry away. I bet you can't wait for that next US!

Post a Comment

Listen to MamaJax2010s Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones