Saturday, October 16, 2010

Cloth Diapers

After a long day snapping at customers I was sent home early today :)  I was pretty much falling asleep on the sales floor and we werent really THAT busy any way...we had the coverage. 
I got home and had Landon run and check the mail for me, just in case, and sure enough my dipes were here!  I was sooo excited!  It was just what I needed after that yucky day at work. 


After getting our dipes in I ran to the computer to read up some more on cloth diapering.  There is so much to know and keep straight!  How to wash, how many for each stage, what type of diapers.  I get overwhelmed so I try to just take in little bits at a time.  It helps to talk to current mom's who are doing it.  Whenever I try to talk to my grandma she just rolls her eyes, says I'm spending too much by using the "all in one" style, and that I wont last a week.  Thanks for the encouragement.

We have decided to use the All in Ones since they are the easiest, throw in a few of the pocket style too.  Once Baby Jax is out of the newborn size we will be switching into the One-size diapers so we can cut some cost there too.  Granted, this is all dependent on the fact that he does well with the One-size.  I know some babies still have trouble with leaks while they are smaller but too big for the Newborn.  This is the game plan though.

I'm so thankful Landon is on board with this.  He was the one that brought it up first...less cost over disposables, less mess to haul out when the garbage bag gets full, no diapers piling up in the landfill, and none of the chemicals that are in disposables.  I'm so excited for Baby Jax to get here so I can see his cute little tush in these things!

1 comments:

Holly said...

I had a lot of naysayers too. Don't listen to them! (I'm sure you're not lol) It def does save a lot of money and we even use disposables at night for Kyndra and when I strip my dipes. It's a lot of cost up front but well worth the money.

It is a lot to take in but you'll be a pro in no time. ;) Any questions you know you can come to me!

Post a Comment

Listen to MamaJax2010s Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones